The plumbing apprenticeship courses are designed for apprentices that are currently working in the plumbing trade. You will need to upload a copy of your apprentice card at the time of registration for Plumbing Tiers II, III, IV & V. Plumbing Tier I students can attend without an apprentice card (although, it is strongly recommended to obtain an apprentice card as soon as possible) but will need to have an apprentice card before they can sign up for Tier II. The courses will prepare you to sit for the Massachusetts State Examination for the Journeyman & Masters Plumbing Licenses.
We are currently enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year for new students for Plumbing Tier I and for all of our existing students for Plumbing Tiers II, III, IV & V. At this time, we are unable to confirm if the 2021-2022 school year classes will be held in-person or fully remote. We will continue to update the website and all enrolled students as we move closer to September 2021. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we move through these uncertain times together.
STI REMOTE LEARNING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR.
- All students will need to have access to a tablet, laptop or desktop computer capable of running Windows 10 or OS X operating systems, with a webcam and audio capability OR a Chromebook with 2GB of Ram, webcam and audio that can run Chrome 85 or above. Smartphones are also acceptable, however maybe challenging to use.
- All students need to test their device, microphone, and webcam prior to the first day of class.
- The instructors will use a combination of remote learning applications to conduct their classes.
- All students will receive a school populi account and some classes a school email address to access these applications.
- Students need to sit alone in a quiet room in a distraction free area to actively participate in classes.
- In order to receive credit for class, your video must be on for the entire class. You also must sign in on the chat with your full first and last name as it appears on your registration form.
- Students need to be online, on-time, prepared and ready to go beginning at 6:30 pm. Class for the night will close at 6:40 pm. Students will not be allowed to join their class after 6:40 pm.
- Proper dress is required.
Space is limited for each class, please register early. Current students should register through their school Populi account.
New students should contact email@example.com or 508-230-1575 to receive the application link.
The cost is $740 per year.
Plumbing Tier I Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Starts September 13, 2021
Plumbing Tier II Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Starts September 13, 2021
Plumbing Tier III Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Starts September 13, 2021
Plumbing Tier IV Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Starts September 13, 2021
Plumbing Tier V Mondays & Wednesdays 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Starts September 13, 2021
**Days of week/hours are subject to change at any time**
Journeyman License Requirements*
- Must have an apprentice license
- 5 years of on-the-job training
- 550 hours (110 per year) of classroom training and education
- Work for a Master Plumber
Masters License Requirements*
- Must have a Journeyman License
- 2000 hours of on-the-job training
- 110 hours of classroom training and education
The required textbooks for this course (The current editions of: 248CMR, NFPA 54, 58, 85, 86- as adopted by the Massachusetts Plumbing Board.
*Requirements are subject to change at any time by the State of Massachusetts.
Approved school by The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Division of Professional Licensure for Plumbers & Gasﬁtters