The 2016/2017 academic year included many successful events, positive changes, and program growth.
Here are some highlights…..
- Patricia Illsley announced as the new Director of STI, replacing Dave Degan who became the Principal of Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Jill Waugh, former instructor for the Health Services department at SERSD, joined the Day Practical Nurse staff at STI. She replaces Joanne Aguiar who recently retired after many years of teaching
- The admissions process was simplified with online applications and payment.
- COE (Council on Occupational Education) approved new 10 month Entry Level Plumbing and Electricity programs
- Experienced a significant increase in high school inquiries and applications
- Hosted a dinner and information session for the South Shore Guidance Association
- Dual enrollment initiative got underway for in-district towns
- STI’s Adult Culinary Chefs participated in several community taste events
- A record number of guests attended the 2nd Annual Taste of STI
- New computers purchased and the Student Lounge redesigned
The year ahead……
- Stay tuned for exciting events in honor of our 50th Anniversary!
- Completion of a radiology suite in Dental Assisting
- Design and plan for a Simulation Lab for the Practical Nurse Programs
- 10 month Electricity and Plumbing Programs to begin January 2018
- Evening part-time Practical Nurse Program starting in January 2018
SAVE THE DATE
- Saturday, November 18th, 11-3 p.m. Open House (begin accepting applications for 2017/2018)
- Tuesday, April 10th, Taste of STI