Medical Assistants are multi-skilled health professionals specifically educated to work in a variety of ambulatory settings, performing administrative and clinical duties. STI’s nine-month Medical Assisting Program teaches the skills and theory of both the administrative and clinical components.
Administrative Medical Assistant skills learned:
- Fundamentals of medical office management
- Introduction to billing and coding
- Financial practices within the medical office
- Maintain patient records through electronic and paper systems
Clinical Medical Assistant skills learned:
- Obtain vital signs
- Perform medication reconciliation
- Perform screening tests
- Assist with examinations and minor office procedures
- Phlebotomy & EKG training, and CPR Certification
The student will participate in an externship in a physicians’ office or other ambulatory care setting. Externship begins during the second semester. Students attend class one day per week and externship four days per week.
The graduate is qualified to sit for the national Certified Medical Assistant exam sponsored by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- Clinical Assistant
- Insurance Billing Clerk
- Medical Assistant, Receptionist or Transcriptionist
- Medical Secretary or Administrative Assistant
The Medical Assisting Program at Southeastern Technical Institute has a job placement rate average of 93.9% over the past five years (2012-2016).
Starts every Fall semester
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.– 2:10 p.m. classroom
(Clinical hours may vary.)
Medical Assisting Program Approval & Accreditation:
Southeastern Technical Institute is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350
Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763