Medical Assistants are multi-skilled health professionals specifically educated to work in a variety of ambulatory settings, performing administrative and clinical duties. STI’s nine-month Medical Assisting Program teaches the skills and theory of both the administrative and clinical components.
Administrative Medical Assistant skills learned:
- Fundamentals of medical office management
- Introduction to billing and coding
- Financial practices within the medical office
- Maintain patient records through electronic and paper systems
Clinical Medical Assistant skills learned:
- Obtain vital signs
- Perform medication reconciliation
- Perform screening tests
- Assist with examinations and minor office procedures
- Phlebotomy & EKG training, and CPR Certification
The student will participate in an externship in a physicians’ office or other ambulatory care setting. The graduate is qualified to sit for the national Certified Medical Assistant exam sponsored by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
- Clinical Assistant
- Insurance Billing Clerk
- Medical Assistant, Receptionist or Transcriptionist
- Medical Secretary or Administrative Assistant
The Medical Assisting Program at Southeastern Technical Institute has a job placement rate average of 92.9% over the past five years (2011-2015).
Starts every Fall semester
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.– 2:10 p.m. classroom
(Clinical hours may vary.)
Medical Assisting Program Approval & Accreditation:
Southeastern Technical Institute is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education.
7840 Roswell Road, Building 300, Suite 325
Atlanta, GA 30350
Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763