- Utilize critical thinking within the framework of the nursing process as a basis for nursing practice.
- Execute effective communication with patients, families and members of the health care team.
- Apply knowledge of the physical, behavioral and social sciences while providing therapeutic nursing care.
- Implement safe therapeutic nursing care.
- Participate in nursing decisions consistent with standards and scope of LPN practice.
- Utilize holistic care as a member of the health care team.
- Establish goals consistent with the principles of life-long learning.
STI Current Licensure: 96%
STI Current Job Placement: 100%
Graduates from the STI Practical Nurse Program are qualified to work in the state of Massachusetts upon the successful attainment of the appropriate licensure. Not all states accept a Massachusetts license. If you intend to practice outside of Massachusetts and obtain a license in another state, you are encouraged to review the NCSBN website for eligibility. As an applicant to the STI Practical Nurse Program, you are encouraged to discuss your ability for licensure and work in another state other than Massachusetts with the Practical Nurse Program Director.
STI’s Practical Nurse Programs in Southeastern, MA are approved by:
Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA 02148-4906
Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Board of Registration in Nursing
Division of Health Professions Licensure Department of Public Health
239 Causeway Street, Suite 500, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
FULL-TIME DAY SCHEDULE
(40 week program)
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m.– 2:10 p.m. classroom
7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. clinical (Clinical times may vary.)
PART-TIME EVENING SCHEDULE
(80 week program)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
4:30 p.m.– 10:30 p.m. (Clinical times may vary.)
- Assisted Living Facilities & Senior Centers
- Home Health Care
- Long-Term Care & Rehabilitation Facilities
- Medical Offices & Health Clinics
- Outpatient Services