The electrical apprenticeship courses are designed for apprentices that are currently working in the electrical trade. The courses will prepare you to sit for the Massachusetts State Examination for the Journeyman Electrical License.
All students are responsible for bringing a CURRENT Massachusetts Electrical Code Book to class. Additional book fees for each year are included in the course fees.
*You need 150 hours in Electrical I before taking Electrical II*
*You need 300 hours in Electrical I & II before taking Electrical III*
*You need 450 hours in Electrical I, II & III before taking Electrical IV*
We are currently enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year for new students for Electrical Tier I and for all of our existing students for Electrical Tiers II, III, IV & V. At this time, we are unable to confirm if the 2021-2022 school year classes will be held in-person or fully remote. We will continue to update the website and all enrolled students as we move closer to September 2021. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we move through these uncertain times together.
STI REMOTE LEARNING REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
- All students will need to have access to a tablet, laptop or desktop computer capable of running Windows 10 or OS X operating systems, with a webcam and audio capability OR a Chromebook with 2GB of Ram, webcam and audio that can run Chrome 85 or above. Smartphones are also acceptable, however maybe challenging to use.
- All students need to test their device, microphone, and webcam prior to the first day of class.
- The instructors will use a combination of remote learning applications to conduct their classes.
- All students will receive a school populi account.
- Students need to sit alone in a quiet room in a distraction free area to actively participate in classes.
- In order to receive credit for class, your video must be on for the entire class. You also must sign in on the chat with your full first and last name as it appears on your registration form.
- Students need to be online, on-time, prepared and ready to go beginning at 6:30 pm. Class for the night will close at 6:40 pm. Students will not be allowed to join their class after 6:40 pm.
- Proper dress is required.
Space is limited for each class, please register early. Current students should register through their school Populi account.
New students should contact email@example.com or 508-230-1575 to receive the application link.
The cost is $865 per year.
Electrical I Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 14, 2021
Electrical II Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 14, 2021
Electrical III Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 14, 2021
Electrical IV Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 14, 2021
**Days of week/hours are subject to change at any time**
Journeyman License Requirements**
8000 hours of employment as a learner or apprentice under the direct supervision of a licensed Journeyman.
600 hours of classroom training and education in electrical code from an approved school.
There is no set order for the two requirements listed above. For example, you may start the schooling ﬁrst, or you may do both concurrently.
**Requirements are subject to change at any time by the State of Massachusetts.
Approved school by The Massachusetts State Board of Electrical Examiners
If I need to purchase additional classes to complete this course, I will pay $150.00 per class (in advance of the make-up session) to complete my coursework, enroll in the extra 24 hour, (8 class) spring make up session (10 student minimum to run, cost TBD) or choose to return the next Fall to complete my schooling at $25.00 per class.