The electrical apprenticeship courses are designed for apprentices that are currently working in the electrical trade. The courses will prepare you to sit for the Massachusetts State Examination for the Journeyman Electrical License.
All students are responsible for bringing a CURRENT Massachusetts Electrical Code Book to class. Additional book fees for each year are included in the course fees.
*You need 150 hours in Electrical I before taking Electrical II*
*You need 300 hours in Electrical I & II before taking Electrical III*
*You need 450 hours in Electrical I, II & III before taking Electrical IV*
THE ELECTRICAL TIER PROGRAM WILL BE COMPLETELY ONLINE REMOTE LEARNING FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR. WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY IN-PERSON LEARNING FOR THIS YEAR. PLEASE SEE THE BELOW STI REMOTE LEARNING REQUIREMENTS.
STI REMOTE LEARNING REQUIREMENTS
- All students will need to have access to a tablet, laptop or desktop computer capable of running Windows 10 or OS X operating systems, with a webcam and audio capability OR a Chromebook with 2GB of Ram, webcam and audio that can run Chrome 85 or above. Smartphones are also acceptable, however maybe challenging to use.
- All students need to test their device, microphone, and webcam prior to the first day of class.
- The instructors will use a combination of remote learning applications to conduct their classes.
- All students will receive a school email address to access these applications.
- Students need to sit alone in a quiet room in a distraction free area to actively participate in classes.
- In order to receive credit for class, your video must be on for the entire class. You also must sign in on the chat with your full first and last name as it appears on your registration form.
- Students need to be online, on-time, prepared and ready to go beginning at 6:30 pm. Class for the night will close at 6:40 pm. Students will not be allowed to join their class after 6:40 pm.
- Proper dress is required.
- No eating is allowed.
FALL 2020 IS FULL. CLASSES BEGIN EVERY SEPTEMBER. Email Amy to be added to the wait list at email@example.com.
Space is limited for each class, please register early. Current students should register through the link received via email in April 2020. New students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-230-1575. The cost is $865 per year.
Electrical I Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 15, 2020
Electrical II Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 15, 2020
Electrical III Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 15, 2020
Electrical IV Code Tuesdays & Thursdays 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Begins September 15, 2020
**Days of week/hours are subject to change at any time**
Journeyman License Requirements**
8000 hours of employment as a learner or apprentice under the direct supervision of a licensed Journeyman.
600 hours of classroom training and education in electrical code from an approved school.
There is no set order for the two requirements listed above. For example, you may start the schooling ﬁrst, or you may do both concurrently.
**Requirements are subject to change at any time by the State of Massachusetts.
Approved school by The Massachusetts State Board of Electrical Examiners
If I need to purchase additional classes to complete this course, I will pay $150.00 per class (in advance of the make-up session) to complete my coursework, enroll in the extra 24 hour, (8 class) spring make up session (10 student minimum to run, cost TBD) or choose to return the next Fall to complete my schooling at $25.00 per class.