Tips for Making a Strong Practical Nurse Application
Interested in becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse at STI? Below are some helpful tips to increase your chances of being accepted into this rewarding, but highly competitive, program.
- Apply early! Although there is no deadline it fills well before its start date in September. We accept 42 for the full time day program and 36 for the part time evening option.
- Achieve solid TEAS scores (Test of Essential Academic Skills). We suggest retesting if you score just above the minimum that we require: 65% Reading, 55% English, 50% Math.
- Submit college transcripts for any post secondary classes taken.
- Provide copies of certifications earned.
- Highlight past work experience related to the field.
- Be fully prepared for your interview (final step once we receive all the necessary paperwork) & follow directions to complete a quality writing sample which we ask for on the application.
STI is currently accepting applications for the 10 month full time day program that starts in September, as well as, the two year part time evening program that begins in January of 2024.
To learn more about the program and the admissions process please visit our website: https://stitech.edu/index.php/practical-nurse/