Practical Nurse Program and Admissions Process – Creating a Strong Application
- Utilize critical thinking within the framework of the nursing process as a basis for nursing practice.
- Execute effective communication with patients, families and members of the health care team.
- Apply knowledge of the physical, behavioral and social sciences while providing therapeutic nursing care.
- Implement safe therapeutic nursing care.
- Participate in nursing decisions consistent with standards and scope of LPN practice.
- Utilize holistic care as a member of the health care team.
- Establish goals consistent with the principles of life-long learning.
Admissions to the Practical Nurse program is very competitive. It’s important to build a strong application which includes achieving solid TEAS scores (retesting if you score just above the minimum required), submitting college transcripts for any classes taken, providing copies of certifications you’ve earned, and highlighting past work experience related to the field. Also, be fully prepared for your interview and follow the directions to complete a quality writing sample.
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Board of Registration in Nursing, Division of Health Professions Licensure Department of Public Health