STI will only be open to current students and staff until further notice. Continuing education courses such as TEAS prep and Apprenticeship will be remote.
As always our goal is to deliver the quality education for which STI is known. The safety and health of our students, staff, and their families are a priority. To that end we have developed the STI Return to School Plan which Director Pat Illsley has shared with all students and staff. The plan describes the steps that the district, staff, and students will take to provide a safe learning environment. Programs began on their original September start dates and in Level 1 or Level 2 (depending on the program) as previously planned and communicated.
• Level 1 – In-person Learning with New Safety Requirements
• Level 2 – Hybrid Learning, students in person and remotely
This decision was made based on the following information:
- The most recent Community-Level COVID-19 Data Reporting found at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/community-level-covid-19-data-reporting
- A review of our adult students demographics shows that a smaller percentage of the STI population are from “red areas” as compared to the high school.
- STI programs form natural cohorts. Additional sub-cohorts have been created where necessary to maximize social distancing
We will continue to closely monitor data and respond to new information appropriately. What level we find ourselves at is contingent on several things, particularly the general health of our
community, the district, the STI, each program and cohort. Students in our programs have very little contact with students in other programs and we have taken additional steps to insulate programs. Therefore, it is possible for programs to be at a different levels as described above.