Visit Us

250 Foundry Street
South Easton, MA 02375
a

Invitations are going out, caps and gowns are ordered, and diplomas are being printed! Graduation ceremonies are right around the corner at STI. On June 1, 2017, adult students in the Cosmetology, Dental Assisting, HVAC and Medical Assisting Programs will cross the stage. The Practical Nurse students’ graduation is June 29, 2017.

Jenny Gachelin, of Bridgewater, graduated from STI’s Medical Assisting Program in 2013. Now, as a Practical Nurse student at STI, she continues to work hard during the final push of this school year. “This is the time to fight, fight like I’ve never fought before. I can’t stop now! I will read, read and read all the materials until it sticks and I completely understand it. Also, I will be prepared, ahead of the next lecture day. It has been a tough and long journey and I’ve got to make all the sacrifices worth it. I will succeed!! Oh! And I will continue to picture myself walking across the stage on graduation day.”

As the school year comes to an end, each program spends significant time preparing students for their finals, licensure exams and employment. The Dental and Medical Assisting students are completing the second phase of Externship over the next few weeks. In preparation for the national certification exam, Medical Assisting students are working on a web based program, Northstar Workforce Readiness, to get them as comfortable and familiar as possible with questions they may encounter on the exam. The Dental Assisting students prepare as well for the Dental Assisting National Board Certification Exam. The Practical Nurse students are participating in clinical experiences three days per week. Shortly before graduation, they will participate in a two-day NCLEX Review Course hosted at STI by Hurst Review.

In Cosmetology, the students are working hard to achieve the 1,000 hours required by the Board of Registration of Cosmetology and Barbering in order to graduate. On Tuesday and Thursday evenings, they fine tune their skills on clients of the cosmetology clinic to ensure perfection for their licensure exam. In HVAC, students have already achieved their EPA Section 608 Technician Certification and R410 Safety Certification. Now, the HVAC students are preparing for the Massachusetts State Oil Burners License Examination.

When not studying, students are searching for jobs following graduation. While we hope students may be offered employment from their Clinical or Externship site, positions are not always available. At STI, we assist students in resume writing, practicing their interview skills, job placement and even help them pick out interview clothes at Dress for Success – Boston.

Free Slots No Download