Cake decorating is not just buttercream anymore. These are only a few of the reasons that may have attracted you to this course. However, whatever your motives may be, here are the skills you can look forward to gaining in the following lessons:
- Equipment, utensils, tools and preparations
- The basics of cake-baking: decorating techniques, planning and designing your cake.
- Decorating your cake with butter cream icing
- Basic cake borders, piping skills
- How to make and use a piping bag
- How to work with fondant
- Decorating with Sugar Flowers (fondant and gum paste)
With practice and patience, cake decorating can be learned. This course starts you out with the basics from designing your work space, cake baking, decorating tools, prepping a cake for decorating and many tips of the trade to help you create delectable cakes, icings and fillings.
Instructor: Chef Lisa Maiden